A modern city, Chandigarh is one of the most tourist-friendly cities in India. Apart from all the gardens and malls that make the city a tourist attractions it has a lot of weekend getaways where you can go to have to have relaxed and had fun. Lying near beautiful states like Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand, people going to Chandigarh have no dearth of options when it comes to exploring the beautiful hill stations near it. You can easily book a ticket on Mumbai to Chandigarh flights and come here to escape the busy lifestyle of a city. Here are some of the best hill stations near Chandigarh for a relaxing weekend.
1. Nahan: With rich history attached to it, Nahan has one of the best landscapes amongst the hill stations in India. Situated only 90 kilometers from Chandigarh, Nahan is known as a land of legends. Come here to spend time with local people and indulge in the exciting stories that the people have to share. The food here is amazing but try and eat at one of the local shops as it helps their economy too.
2. Chail: Known for exquisite architecture and trekking options, Chail is situated in the beautiful valleys of Himachal Pradesh. Housing India’s highest cricket ground, the hill station is covered with deodars and pine trees. Stay at any of the friendly homestays and wake up fresh with lodges providing best of views of the valleys. Don’t forget to try the local cuisine as the spices used in the meals are unique and leave your tongue wagging.
3. Dharamshala: A Tibetan settlement, Dharamshala is the place to be if you want to meet amazing people and try the sumptuous Tibetan cuisine. Try and go there in the winters as the snow covered mountains and chilly air gives you an experience of the lifetime. Great location for the nature lovers, you will love how the clear blue sky converge with the white snow capped mountains.
4. Renukaji: Situated just 122 km from Chandigarh, Renukaji is famous for its crystal clear lake which is also the biggest lake in the Himachal Pradesh. Surrounded by mighty mountains, Renukaji is one of the few unspoiled hill stations in North India with tranquil environment increasing it beauty manifold. You can also enjoy trekking and boating in your free time while in Renuka Ji.
5. Morni Hills: A little village in the Panchkula area of Haryana, Morni Hills is yet another excellent spot for a weekend getaway from Chandigarh. Arranged around 45kms from Chandigarh, Morni Hills is a beautiful place with two lakes that are bordered by slopes. It is likewise an incredible place for the individuals who like to trek and camp. The trek to Ghaggar River is the most acclaimed trek in Morni Hill.
Apart from the destinations mentioned above, there are many places to visit in Chandigarh that will keep you entertained. However, book your tickets on Mumbai to Chandigarh flight in advance so as to get best offers and save up on the money.