If you are a learner like I am occasionally it just also expensive to acquire new hardware. And also why should you? There are numerous firms that discard made use of non-working tools. Here I will show you just how you can repair secondhand LCD keeps track of practically totally free.
In the past year or so I handled to repair concerning 50 LCD keeps an eye on from 60 that I sourced around my town. From my encounter, I could inform you, that you could have a functioning LCD keep track of in fewer than 20 minutes practically completely free with no professional tools needed.
LCD monitors are not that complicated as a few of you assume. They are made from 4 components: LCD module, primary board, switched over controlled power supply (SMPS) and button board.
From my encounter, the primary mistakes are:
– 85% faulty capacitors
– 10% defective inverters
– 5% other concerns (damaged buttons, primary board, LCD component, CCFL, FETs).
Resolving these troubles is really easy and really inexpensive. You can get capacitors as well as buttons in your neighborhood electronics shop. Inverters are occasionally an issue to obtain, yet eBay will possibly have the one you are searching for and also its price is around 5$.
There are several brand names of LCD. The most common are Samsung, LG, HP, and Dell. And also they are all more or less the same. You should likewise understand that several LCD modules work. For instance, I replaced an LCD module from HP to Samsung as well as it was the best fit. This is because the components are basically exact same dimensions as well as exact same LVDS connector for all types. Regretfully it is not the exact same for mainboards as well as SMPS. However hello, SMPS could be taken care of as well as major boards and LCD modules are very rarely malfunctioning.
LCD problems can most likely inform you which component is damaged. So allows go to the symptoms:
- LCD illuminated for less than 5 sec, after this it goes empty (check if you can see imagine):.
– It can be dead capacitors on the inverter low voltage line (high probability).
– Maybe a damaged inverter (low probability).
– Maybe a faulty cool cathode fluorescent tube inside LCD component – CCFL (really rare).
- LCD power LED blinks yet screen do not brighten:
– It could be dead capacitors on the 5V reasoning line to the primary board (high chance).
– It can be malfunctioning primary board (very rare).
– Maybe a dead LCD module (extremely rare).
- LCD turns on, the image is blurry:
– It can be faulty capacitors on SMPS (high likelihood).
– It can be faulty main board (low likelihood).
– Maybe defective LCD module (very uncommon).
– Flex wires in the LCD module have a weak link (very uncommon).
– LVDS cable television is faulty (really unusual).
- LCD turns on, backlight activates, but the gray or white display shows up:.
– LCD module is malfunctioning (high probability).
– The inadequate connection of LVDS cable television (very uncommon).
- LCD emits weird buzz appears:.
– Dead capacitors or inverters (high likelihood).
– malfunctioning CCFL (low probability).
- LCD jobs ok, yet occasionally it feels like that buttons are pressed for no reason (OSD menu appears):.
– damaged switches (high chance).
– damaged main board (extremely uncommon).
- LCD shows up to be completely dead (no LED signal light).
– It can be malfunctioning capacitors on the 5V logic line (high chance).
– It could be the fuse on SMPS (unusual and possibly for a factor).
– Maybe malfunctioning major board (extremely unusual).
In spite of these guidelines if you think you need to know more than click here
These symptoms can inform you significantly of your fault. Now allows begin with our disassembly … I had a 17″ Samsung monitor, with a problem number 1.
LCDs are enclosed in a plastic real estate which is held together with a couple of screws and also a click system. This is most likely the challenging part of disassembly. When you remove the real estate, very carefully get rid of the LCD component. However prior to you continue, unplug the CCFL cable television’s from the SMPS board that conceal behind a metal guard.
When you are completed with CCFL cables, unscrew the LCD module as well as very carefully unplug LVDS cord from the component. Currently, you have a complete sight of the main board as well as SMPS.
BE CAREFUL! The huge capacitor on the keys voltage line on SMPS can still be demanded. So make certain you release it prior to continuing.
Since you are performed with that, loosen the SMPS and search for faults. For the most parts, a dead capacitor shows up. But if there is no aesthetic indicator of a mistake, change all capacitors on the SMPS. This will resolve all your issues in a lot of cases. I also recommend that you replace all capacitors on voltage lines on SMPS also if they seem excellent.
Next usage your millimeter and gauge the resistance of high voltage side of the inverter. In my situation, the high voltage side of the inverter demonstrates to concerning 620 Ohms on both of the inverters. Due to the fact that worth’s on the both inverters are the very same, I could think inverters are OK. Yet if the worth varies in between the 2 inverters, the one with lower value is damaged. So you will certainly have to change it. You will probably locate inverters on ebay.com.
FETs can often be damaged as well, however, it is extremely rare. If you can see the aesthetic fault of overheating, try replacing them also.